Want to work for an award winning registered charity enabling young people to gain and develop skills whilst improving their employability prospects? You can help us do this through our four programmes: Xplode Magazine, XplodeEmploy, Xplode Academy and XplodeXTRA. All of our areas focus on media, business, and soft skills. We’re a very unique charity with a commercial mind-frame.
Job Summary: Our charity is going through a period of growth whereby we have a target of training 10,000 young Greater Mancunions by the end of 2018 and we are requiring assistance in the organisation and measurement of this project.
Our team of Volunteers have held and will continue to hold, a vital role in the organisation’s success. Currently, we are entirely volunteer -led and with increasing numbers, you will work closely with them to ensure happiness and support.
You will work in close collaboration with key partners to ensure the development and sustainability of our employability project and the upskilling of young people. This role is fundamental in ensuring a lasting legacy for young people who will take part in any of our programmes, and for the communities in which they live. The post holder will have the challenge of establishing long-term sustaining and user-led networks amongst Xplode Employ graduates, which have a value and purpose beyond keeping in touch. Particular emphasis will be on the strategic development and managing on-going implementations of the programme.
Your primary role will be to reach out to potential schools and colleges to book our free training. You will also work closely with our management team to measure the impact of our programme and you will ensure records are kept up to date.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities will be shared across departments due to our small team and will typically include:
- Marketing and public relations to raise the profile of the organisation‘s services and campaigns;
- Designing fundraising materials such as leaflets and flyers;
- Creating and organising fundraising initiatives and events;
- Liaising with external agencies, including voluntary sector organisations, the media, local authorities, business contacts, trustees and other stakeholders or clients;
- Recruiting and coordinating the work of volunteers;
- Administrative tasks such as applying for grants and other sources of funding, managing budgets, gathering data, preparing reports, database management, and clerical work to meet the charity’s needs.
- Working directly with young people
- Establish clear, robust and cost-effective two-way communication channels for the organisation and volunteers
- Lead on the development, facilitation, and promotion of the employability programme
- Establish and maintain links with key stakeholders including voluntary organisations, FE institutions, and employers/businesses
- Feed into existing tracking methodologies and systems helping to monitor outcomes and engagement for both individuals and local communities
- Establish a good rapport with clients quickly
- Ensure the information regarding the programme given to customers is accurate and
- Inform clients by explaining procedures, answering questions and providing information where requested
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines Contribute as required to the wider work of the team
- Undertake any other duties as required and commensurate with the level of this post
- Act in a manner that is in keeping with the organisation’s values.
One of the factors which makes Xplode’s approach different is our belief in the value of youth insights and input to guide our work. The post holder will be expected to understand youth involvement and be an advocate for youth involvement which will include A flexible approach to work including willingness to take on tasks outside the normal remit, to work irregular hours often evenings and weekends.
The post holder will have access to confidential information and is expected to ensure that the highest level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Based in Bolton Town Centre, Greater Manchester.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with ‘Charity Support Executive’ as the subject line.
In addition to this, please send a one minute video covering the following:
- Why you want to work for Xplode
- Why should our volunteers choose you?
January 30 th – Applications Close
February 9 th and 10 th – Interviews
February 27 th – Ideal start date (flexible)